Theme: Leveraging Technology for Healthcare
Workshop Date: 7th January 2018
ABOUT:The NetHealth Workshop 2018 focuses to bring together leading clinicians, industry stalwarts, mobile health pioneers, engineers, designers and entrepreneurs to a common platform to learn, teach and connect to better understand and work on healthcare technologies for India.
SCOPE:The event will include paper presentations on recent healthcare innovations ranging from mobile health, medical devices, and healthcare IT solutions. It will also include keynote speeches from eminent leaders within the healthcare community along with talks/panel discussions on challenges, opportunities and the future of healthcare innovations in India. There will be a showcase of innovations being/that have been developed with a chance to interact with the innovative teams one on one.
CONTENT: We invite research papers, research demos, product presentations and position papers that present novel ideas for networked computing technology in support of healthcare, and which are likely to invoke thoughtful discussion at the workshop. Both academia and corporate contributions are highly welcome and encouraged.
Of interest, though not exclusively, are the following topics:
- Mobile and wearable medical sensing applications
- Usability of mobile health applications and devices
- Clinical applications of mobile or networked healthcare
- Security and privacy in networked healthcare
- Impacting lifestyle choices through mobile health
- Remote diagnosis and remote consultation
- Remote access to electronic health records
- Sensor networks for public health monitoring and surveillance
- Cost-efficient and energy-efficient networking for remote healthcare
- Assistive medical technology
- Assistive robotics and prosthetics
- Rehabilitation engineering and assistive rehabilitative technology
- Design of wearable and home-care health devices
- Data analytics for personalized healthcare
- Big Data in Healthcare
- Apps for healthcare
A. Vijayarajan, CTO and Co-founder, InnAccel, India
Abhishek Appaji M., Asst. Prof., BMS college of Engineering, India
Vivek Kadambi, MedTech Advisor & Ophthalmic Surgeon, India
Nitesh Jangir, Founder, Coeo Labs, India
Dr. Sharanya Rajan, City University London, UK
- Submissions must be no greater than 6 pages in length including all figures, tables, and references and must be a PDF file. A minimum number of 3 pages are required.
- All papers must be electronically submitted via the NetHealth Workshop submission site on EDAS.
- Reviews will be single-blind: authors name and affiliation should be included in the submission.
- Submissions must follow the formatting guidelines as given on IEEE Website.
Authors of accepted papers are expected to present their papers at the workshop. Submissions must be original work not under review at any other workshop, conference, or journal.
Papers can be submitted through this submission link.
- The paper formatting and submission instructions are the same as for the main conference.
- All Workshop papers (full papers - both regular and invited) WILL appear in conference proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
|Paper Submission||22nd November 2017|
|Notification of Acceptance||1st December 2017|
|Camera-ready Submission||20th December 2017|
|Workshop Date||7th January 2018|
Dr. Ramesh A, St. Johns Medical College, India
A. Vijayarajan, InnAccel, India
Dr. Udaya Kumar Maiya, Portea Medical, India
Vijay Simha, OneBreath, USA
Sumedh Kaulgud, Sattva MedTech, India
Dr. Vimal Kishore, Coeo Labs, India
Ratul Narain, Bempu, India
Mohini Vijay, AxxoNet, India
Dr. D R Srinivas, Cyclops MedTech, India
Dr. Mahesh Reddy, Mihtra, India
|09:30 - 10:30||Technical Paper Presentations|
|10:30 - 11:00||Tea Break|
|11:00 - 11:45||Keynote Address on Product Innovation and Technological Advancemnt in Healthcare by Dr. Mohanasankar Sivaprakasam (HTIC, IIT Madras)|
|11:45 - 13:00||Medtech Product Innovation Panel & Showcase Moderated by Dr. Jagdish Chaturvedi|
|13:00 - 14:00||Lunch Break|
|14:00 - 15:00||Technical Paper Presentations|
|15:00-15:45||Keynote Address the impact of Data and Artificial Intelligence on healthcare by Mr. Sivaraj Sethunamasivayam (IBM Watson Healthcare)|
|15:45 - 16:00||Remarks by Sponsors|
|16:00 - 16:30||Tea Break|
|16:30 - 17:45||Process Innovation and Data Panel Moderated by Dr. Vivek Kadambi|
|17:45 - 18:00||Paper Awards and Closing remarks|