Theme: Affordable Healthcare in India
Workshop Date: January 8, 2017
The NetHealth Workshop 2017 focuses to bring together leading clinicians, industry stalwarts, mobile health pioneers, engineers, designers and entrepreneurs to a common platform to network and together build a strong healthcare innovation engine, which will allow participants to better understand and work on healthcare technologies for India.
The event will include paper presentations on recent healthcare innovations ranging from mobile health, medical devices, and healthcare IT solutions. It will also include keynote speeches from eminent leaders within the healthcare community along with talks/panel discussions on challenges, opportunities and the future of healthcare innovations in India.
We invite research papers, research demos, product presentations and position papers that present novel ideas for networked computing technology in support of healthcare, and which are likely to invoke thoughtful discussion at the workshop. Both academia and corporate contributions are highly welcome and encouraged. Of interest, though not exclusively, are the following topics:.
- Mobile and wearable medical sensing applications
- Emerging low-cost medical devices
- Remote diagnosis and remote consultation
- Assistive medical technology
- Clinical applications of mobile or networked healthcare
- Design of wearable and home-care health devices
- Sensor networks for public health monitoring and surveillance
- Security and privacy in networked healthcare
- Experience from technology deployments
- Usability of mobile health applications and devices
- Cost-efficient and energy-efficient networking for remote healthcare
- Remote access to electronic health records
- Assistive robotics and prosthetics
- Rehabilitation engineering and assistive rehabilitative technology
Jagdish Chaturvedi, Medical Device Innovator & ENT Surgeon
Jayesh Bellare, Prof. IIT Bombay, India
Alok Ray, Consultant Prof.,AIIMS, New Delhi
J.K. Batra, Deputy Director,NII, New Delhi
Shirsendu Mulherjee, Welcome Trust, UK
RamaKrishna Pappu,Business Associate, InnAccel
Abhishek Appaji M., Asst. Prof., BMS college of Engineering
Ravi C. Nayar, Dean-HCG Hospital, India
Rohit Srivastava, Prof. IIT, Bombay
Taslimarif Sayyed, COO,C-camp, Bangalore
A. Vijayarajan, CTO and Co-founder, InnAccel, India
Nikhil Tandon, Prof. and HOD, Endocrinology, AIIMS, New Delhi, India
- Submissions must be no greater than 6 pages in length including all figures, tables, and references and must be a PDF file. A minimum number of 3 pages are required.
- All papers must be electronically submitted via the NetHealth Workshop submission site on EDAS.
- Reviews will be single-blind: authors name and affiliation should be included in the submission.
- Submissions must follow the formatting guidelines as given on IEEE Website.
Authors of accepted papers are expected to present their papers at the workshop. Submissions must be original work not under review at any other workshop, conference, or journal.
Papers can be submitted through this submission link.
- The paper formatting and submission instructions are the same as for the main conference.
- All Workshop papers (full papers - both regular and invited) WILL appear in conference proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
|Notification of Acceptance|
|Camera-ready Version Due||Dec 15, 2016|
|Workshop Date||Jan 8, 2017|
|09:00 - 09:05||Welcome address by Co-Chairs, NetHealth Workshop 2017|
|09:05 - 09:45||Keynote Lecture: Dr Shirsendu Mukherjee, Mission Director, Program Management Unit of DBT-BIRAC, BMGF and Wellcome Trust at BIRAC, New Delhi|
|09:45 - 10:30||Invited Talk: Dr Ashish Joshi, Associate Dean, Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy, CUNY, New York.|
|10:30 - 11:00||Tea Break|
|11:00 - 11:40||
Technical panel 1: Affordable Healthcare in India
Session Chair: Dr Jagdish Chaturvedi, InnAccel, Bangalore
|11:40 - 12:00||
Invited Paper Presentation:
|12:00 - 12:20||
Invited Talk: Overview of the current healthcare innovation ecosystem.
Mr. A. Vijayarajan, Co-Founder & CTO, InnAccel, Bangalore
|12:20 - 13:00||
|13:00 - 14:00||Lunch Break|
|14:00 - 14:40||
Invited Paper Presentation:
Professor E.N.T. and Dean of HCG Oncology, Bengaluru
|14:40 - 15:00||
Technical Panel 2: Translating Research from Academia – Challenges and Opportunities
Session Chair: Prof Rohit Srivastava, IIT Bombay
|15:00 - 15:40||
Panel Discussion: Stakeholders in Translating Healthcare Research
Moderator: Ramkrishna Pappu
|15:40 - 16:00||Invited Paper Presentation: Dr Mayur Sadawana, Biosense Technologies|
|16:00 - 16:30||Tea Break|
|16:30 - 18:00||
|18:00 - 18:05||Vote of Thanks by Prof. Rohit Srivastava|