Workshop on Wild and Crazy Ideas on the interplay between IoT and Big Data
Workshop Date: 3rd January 2018
The inter-working of IoT and Big Data is set to transform and disrupt many areas of business and everyday life. WACI will bring together researchers and practitioners to present their latest achievements and innovations in the area of IoT and Big Data.
We welcome submissions that define challenges, report experience, or discuss progress toward design and solutions that integrate embedded, mobile, and cloud resources in the context of physical spaces, machines, and other interconnected Things. Contributions describing techniques applied to real-world problems and interdisciplinary research involving novel networking architectures, system designs and applications of wearable devices, sensor networks and machine learning techniques are especially encouraged. We specifically focus on high impact fields such as automation and manufacturing, healthcare, retail and transportation.
Relevant topics include but are not limited to:
- Applications, case studies and deployments of IoT and Big Data systems
- Novel system, networking, service architectures for specific IoT verticals
- Trust, Security, Privacy, and Authentication in IoT
- Dependability, adaptation, intermittency, and assembly in IoT
- Designing and deploying IoT systems for healthcare, retail, manufacturing, transportation and security
- Deployments and evaluation of sensor networks in large-scale industrial settings
- Experiences in managing wearable devices, smart-home systems and mobile sensor networks
- Novel system designs, deployments and applications of aerial vehicles
- Last-mile communication challenges and novel networking protocols
- Use of low power wireless technologies in IoT devices and applications
- System designs to balance network delay, network throughput, and device energy trade-offs
- Challenges and solutions in IoT data and stream processing at the edge and in the cloud
- Design and evaluation of machine learning models on IoT data
- High dimensional big data (images, videos) analysis using machine/deep learning
- Submissions must be no greater than 4 pages in length including all figures, tables, and references and must be a PDF file. A minimum number of 3 pages are required.
- Reviews will be single-blind: authors name and affiliation should be included in the submission.
- Submissions must follow the formatting guidelines as given on IEEE Website.
- All workshop papers (full papers - both regular and invited) will appear in conference proceedings.
- All papers must be in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) and submitted through the WACI Workshop submission site on EDAS.
|Paper Submission||10th November 2017|
|Notification of Acceptance||1st December 2017|
|Camera-ready Submission||8th December 2017|
|Workshop Date||3rd January 2018|
Workshop Steering Committee
Divyasheel Sharma, ABB Corporate Research, India
Avik Ghose, TCS Research and Innovation, India
Philipp Sommer, ABB Corporate Research, Switzerland
Vinayak Naik, IIIT Delhi, India
Ashwin Rao, University of Helsinki, Finland
Salil Kanhere, The University of New South Wales, Australia
Nanjangud Narendra, Ericsson Research, India
Usman Raza, Toshiba Research, Cambridge UK
Akshay Uttama Nambi, Microsoft Research, India
Ambuj Varshney, Uppsala University, Sweden
Vijay Arya, IBM Research, India
Jayavardhana Gubbi, TCS Research and Innovation, India
Julien Mineraud, University of Helsinki, Finland
Kuldeep Yadav, VideoKen, India