The Latest in VAS Markets, Trends, Business Initiatives, and Technologies - January 6, 2009, 9:00 a.m. to 6:45 p.m. at The Chancery Pavilion Hotel, Residency Road, Bangalore, India.
Comsnets Business 2009 is a one-day meeting that will bring you comprehensive up-to-date information about Mobile Value Added Services (VAS) in India and the world.
Comsnets Business 2009 will feature three Mobile VAS Panels and an Entrepreneurs Demo Showcase.
The business opportunity in Mobile VAS is based on rapid growth of mobile markets and the demand for new functions and content. There are huge mobile user populations around the globe, and India is the fastest growing mobile market. Technologies and solutions developed in India can be deployed worldwide. The Business Track explores the present & future of Mobile VAS.
Click here for Business Track Schedule
Key note by : Marc Naddell, Vice President, Partner and Developer Program, NAVTEQ
Panel No. 1. Mobile VAS in the Enterprise
An expert viewpoint from enterprises, operators, VAS firms and venture capitalists about enterprise mobile VAS applications and services. The discussion will be about the key applications and how the new mobile VAS eco-system creates value.
- Harit Nagpal, Chief Marketing Officer, Vodafone Essar
- Pratapa Bernard, Head of Marketing & Product Management, OnMobile
- Ashish Gupta, Managing Director, Helion Ventures
- Vishwakarma Desai, Product Expert, SAP Labs
- Moderator : Gene Landy, Chair Technology Group, Ruberto Israel & Weiner, P.C, Boston, US
Panel No. 2. Mobile Entertainment
Covering areas such as mobile broadcast/TV, on-demand video, video/ audio streaming. Featuring experts from media industry, operators, VAS application providers and venture capital firms that have invested in this area.
Panel No. 3. Location-Based Services and Other Advanced Mobile VAS Technologies
Experts on location-based services and other advanced VAS technologies and businesses based on them.
- Marc Naddell, Vice President, Partner and Developer Program, NAVTEQ
- Ashwin Mahesh, Founder Member, MapUnity
- Rajesh Srivathsa, Managing Partner, Ojas Ventures
- Gopal Srinivas, Head - VAS Marketing, IDEA Cellular
- Sumanth Vepa, Business Program Manager, Yahoo!
- Rohan Verma – Director, MapmyIndia
- Moderator: Karthee Madasamy, Senior Investment Manager, Qualcomm Ventures
Presentations by exciting and innovative entrepreneurial enterprises that show the best in the next generation of Mobile VAS products and services, including live demos. There will be a discussion and critique of each demo by a panel of experts drawn from the above panels.
Demo Companies :
- Babajob, Mobile Social Networking / Job Intermediary, www.babajob.com
- HexoLabs, Mobile Multimedia and Gaming, www.hexolabs.com
- CallGrapher, Collabration Tools for Skype, www.callgrapher.in
- Mobien Technologies, Enterprise Mobile Solutions, http://www.mobientech.com
- Aims Migital, Enterprise Mobile Solution, www.migital.com
Comsnets Business 2009 will provide valuable up-to-the-moment insight on the following topics:
- Mobile VAS market development
- Content providers' strategies
- Operators' strategies and mobile portals
- Mobile entertainment
- Venture investing in the sector
- Emerging mobile technologies
All sectors of the Mobile VAS environment – from content supplier to carriers – will be present to participate and network. Comsnets Business 2009 will feature leading companies, executives, technologists, and venture capitalists. The conference will provide actionable knowledge and practical advice for all attendees.
Comsnets Business 2009 will provide ample time and opportunity for attendees to make connections with others involved in Mobile VAS.
Comsnets Business 2009 will provide value to executives, technologists and decision-makers from:
- VAS Technology and Platform Providers
- Content Aggregators
- Content Owners
- Mobile Solution Providers
- Communications Service Providers
- Cellular Service Carriers
- Handset Makers
- Mobile Portals
- Venture Capitalists and Investors
- Applications Software Developers and Integrators
- Entertainment and Media Companies
- Government Policy Makers
- Service Providers to VAS Companies
- Gene K. Landy
Attorney, Ruberto, Israel & Weiner, P.C., Boston, MA, USA - Co-Chair, COMSNETS Business Track
- Dr. Varadharajan Sridhar
Visiting Research Fellow, Sasken Communication Technologies Ltd., Bangalore, India [on leave from Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon, India] - Co-Chair, COMSNETS Business Track
- Nimish Shrivastava
Founder, President and Chief Technology Officer, eMbience Inc., San Diego, CA, USA
- S R Raja (Raja Raghavan Setlur)
General Manager – Strategy, Sasken Communication Technologies Ltd., Bangalore, India
- Karthee Madasamy
Senior Investment Manager, Qualcomm Ventures, Bangalore, India
- Dr. Rajeev Shorey
Lab Group Manager, General Motors, India Science Laboratory, Bangalore, India
- Dr. Giridhar D. Mandyam
VP of Technology, QUALCOMM Internet Services, San Diego, CA, USA