In this workshop, we solicit both academic research and industry practice papers. Areas of interest include but not limited to:
- Wireless Broadband Technologies
- 3G – HSPA, CDMA EVDO
- 4G Trends
- Wireless Broadband network architectures
- Wireless Broadband Platforms and Software
- Seamless Mobility & Seamless connectivity with multiple access technologies
- Mission critical applications using next generation wireless broadband networks
- Fixed Mobile Convergence
- Wireless Security
- Advances in Wireless and Radio technologies
- SDR and Cognitive Radio
- RF subsystems and Antennas
- MIMO and Beamforming
- Cross Layer Designing and optimization
- Handhelds, Internet Tablets and NetTops
Student poster session: The poster session complements the main program by offering an opportunity for students to present recent on-going or as-yet incomplete research results in the topics listed above. Poster authors are invited to submit a two-page report that summarizes the main idea and results.
Posters: Please submit posters and/or demos in the form of a 2-page write-up. Submissions must be in PDF format.
Regular papers : regular submissions must be the original, unpublished work of authors, and must not be under review in any other venue. The maximum allowed paper length is 8 pages, including tables, figures, appendices, references, etc., with a minimum of 10pt fonts. Submissions must be in PDF format. Authors must register and submit their papers online using the Web submission system on the COMSNETS submission site. Authors must include their names and affiliations on submitted papers, and papers must include a title and an abstract of no more than 200 words.
Papers must be written in English, single-spaced, use two-columns, and be typeset with a 10pt or larger font within a 6.5"x9" text block. All papers must adhere to IEEE formatting standards. For more details and example style templates, consult the IEEE Transactions LaTeX and Microsoft Word Style Files. Papers not in the correct format will not be reviewed.
Papers must be submitted in PDF (Portable Document Format) and compatible with Acrobat (English version), not including any special characters or non-standard fonts. We must be able to display and print your submission exactly as we receive it and using only standard tools and postscript printers, so we strongly suggest that you use only standard fonts. Simplified
Requirements for Creating PDF Files is a three-page document that describes the essential steps in distilling PDFs. Make sure that the paper prints well on black-and-white printers, not color printers. Pay particular attention to figures and graphs in the paper to ensure that they are legible without color.
Only original papers that have not been published previously or submitted for publication elsewhere can be submitted. Papers containing plagiarized material will be rejected without review.
The authors of accepted papers must guarantee that their paper will be presented at the conference. Accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings. At least one author of each accepted paper must be registered for the conference for that paper to appear in the proceedings and be scheduled for presentation.
Technical Program Committee:
- Prof. Raj Jain, [email protected], Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, Washington University
- JinHyeock Choi, Researcher at Samsung AIT
- Prof. Subrat Kar, [email protected], Dept. of Electrical Engineering, IIT Delhi
- Prof. Swades De, [email protected], Dept. of Electrical Engineering, IIT Delhi
- Dr. R. David Koilpillai, [email protected], Chief Scientist, CeWIT, IIT Madras
- Dr. Vishal Sharma, [email protected], Metonia Inc.
- Dr. Shyam P Parekh, [email protected] , Chief Technology Office, Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent
Submission of Papers for WIPCom at http://comsnets09.ucsd.edu/wipcom/
- Paper/poster registration deadline: 30 September 2008, 11:59 PM IST
- Paper/poster submission deadline: 15 October 2008, 11:59 PM IST
- Notification of acceptance: 17 November 2008 , 11:59 PM IST
- Camera ready submission: 08 December 2008 , 11:59 PM IST