How to check if fonts are embedded?
Here are two possible ways to check if fonts are embedded in a pdf file.
- If you are using linux, you should have access to the pdffonts command. Just run
$ pdffonts mypaper.pdf
- Open your pdf file in Adobe Acrobat Reader and select File->Document Properties. Under the Font tab, you should see a list of fonts. All of them should say "Embedded" or "Embedded Subset".
Font Embedding for LaTeX users
Kindly check the following links
Embed Fonts in an MS Word Document
- Open the Word document.
- Select Tools -> Options.
- In the Options box, click the Save tab.
- Click the check mark box for Embed TrueType fonts.
- Click the check mark box for Embed characters in use only.(This is the subsetting fonts function.)
- Click OK.
The fonts you used are now embedded and subset in the document for accurate representation on other platforms.