Demos & Exhibits
The 12th International Conference on COMmunication Systems and NETworkS (COMSNETS) will be held in Bangalore, India, during January 7-11, 2020. COMSNETS is a premier international conference dedicated to advances in Networking and Communications Systems. The conference is a yearly event for a world-class gathering of researchers from academia and industry, practitioners, and business leaders, providing a forum for discussing cutting edge research, and directions for new innovative business and technology.
We invite demos from researchers, startups, and corporates that showcase cutting edge information technologies and applications thereof. Every selected demo will be exhibited and given ample time for audience interactions. Corporate and research demos will have the option of longer demos.
Dedicated Demo Sessions
Continuing on the positive experience from last year, this year as well we are going to have additional dedicated demo sessions without any simultaneous paper sessions, thus allowing the entire attending community to visit the demo booths.
Why should you submit a Demo or Exhibit?
COMSNETS is the premier conference in its domain held in India. This is an unique opportunity to showcase your technologies and applications to an international audience that is helping build the next generation of technologies. To ensure you get the most out of the event we have the following planned:
- Interactions with expert panels
- Showcase to industry partners, potential recruits and potential investors
- Media coverage during the event
- Wider outreach as part of conference proceedings
Best Demo Awards
The COMSNETS 2020 Demo committee will review all submissions to select the accepted demos. All accepted demos will be considered for the Best Demo Award. A committee will decide the winner on-site after evaluating all demo presentations.
What to submit?
There are following two different submission categories i.e. research demo, and product demonstrations.
Research Demo: Research prototype with novel and clear technical contributions are invited. Authors of accepted full papers are highly encouraged to submit original demo entry.
A maximum of 3-page extended abstract of the demo that captures motivation for the problem, the solution approach, results (if any), and a brief description of the technology demonstration. The abstract should use the same template as for the conference paper submission. Abstracts which do not adhere to the conference template will be rejected without review. All submissions must be in PDF format.
All the submitted entries will go through peer-review process. Accepted and presented submissions in this category will be published in the conference proceedings and submitted to Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
Start-ups and Product Demos: Proposals (maximum of 3 pages) to showcase products from startups and industries are invited in this category. Submissions in this category will require a proposal outlining the motivation and the technology/use case that will be demoed. All the sponsoring organizations are encouraged to submit an entry in this category.
How to Submit
Please make your submissions through EDAS submission portal. Submissions start on 01st Aug, 2019
Camera Ready Instructions
- Camera ready versions of the documents are needed only for Research Demos.
- Camera ready instructions are here. The paper limit for demo submissions is a minimum of 1 page and a maximum of 3 pages.
- The authors of the accepted papers should submit the camera ready paper and the copyright transfer via the EDAS site for their respective demos. This CANNOT be done over email.
The following default setup will be available for each demo (there might be minor last minute changes):
- A single 6 x 2.5 ft table.
- Extension power cable/multi-point (the organizers would highly appreciate if suitable power adapters are brought by the participants. India uses a 220V/5A power supply with Indian power sockets though in some cases the power sockets might allow for US style power plugs).
- A single easel for displaying any related poster that must be of size 4x3ft landscape mode.
|Submissions Deadline||1st November 2019|
|Notification of Acceptance||1st December 2019|
|Camera-ready Submission||15th December 2019|
|Event date||8--9th January 2020 (Exact timings are TBD)|
There will be a spotlight presentation with every team given about a 2-3 minutes to talk about their demo on the main stage. Exact timing and logistics are TBD.
Registration Fee Details
Will be updated shortly.