Manuscript Registration/Submission Guidelines
- Log in to EDAS
- Go to the list of conferences accepting submissions.
- Find "COMSNETS 2018" and click on "Submit Paper" link at the right of the column.
- You can also come to this page directly by going to COMSNETS 2018 EDAS Submission Portal
- You will be taken to a page that asks you for the title of the paper, topics etc.
- In the box called "Paper abstract", put in the abstract.
- After you press the submit button, you should add all other authors.
- That completes the abstract submission/registration.
- You can upload the paper after that, which can be done until the paper submission deadline.
- The abstract can be a paragraph or a couple of paragraphs that briefly describe the work, and should contain only plain text.
- All workshops (ITS, Social Networking, WACI & IoT and NetHealth) will follow a similar submission process on EDAS, and paper formatting process will also be similar, except that the maximum paper length will be 6 pages (minimum 3 pages).
Formatting and Paper Size Guidelines
Full papers submitted for review should have a minimum number of 3 pages and a maximum number of 8 pages. They should adhere to the formatting guidelines described below. At the discretion of the TPC chairs, a small set of borderline papers may be invited for inclusion as "Poster Papers", with a reduced 4-page limit.
Papers must be submitted in PDF (Portable Document Format) and should be compatible with Acrobat (English version). They should not include any special characters or nonstandard fonts. Please ensure that your submissions can be displayed and printed without further processsing using only standard tools and postscript printers.
Make sure that the paper prints well on black-and-white printers.
A document that provides simplified requirements for creating PDF Files is available. It describes the essential steps in distilling PDFs. Please pay particular attention to figures and graphs in the paper to ensure that they are legible when printed using standard black-and-white printers.
The formatting guidelines for the submission and that for the final camera-ready version of the accepted papers are identical.
Accepted papers will appear in conference proceedings. Therefore, the submitted papers should adhere to the appearance of the standard IEEE two-column format that is used for IEEE Conference Proceedings. The papers should be typeset using 10pt font on US Letter paper with margins no smaller than 0.75in for the top margin, 1.0in for the bottom margin, and 0.625in for side margins.Authors are strongly encouraged to use the latest templates for typesetting as provided on the IEEE Website: Visit Website
For those typesetting using Latex, examine the IEEEtran LaTeX Class (template) V1.8 packages and IEEEtran V1.12 BibTeX (bibliography) packages. Be sure to use the template's conference mode. See template documentation for details.
For complete formatting specifications, you can download the IEEE Format Definition Table and Glossary here.
For reasons of reviewing fairness, papers that exceed the page limit and/or are incorrectly formatted will not be accepted for review.
- Submission of papers to COMSNETS 2018 carries with it the implied agreement that the paper represents original work. All submitted papers will be subjected to a "similarity test". Papers achieving a high similarity score will be examined and those that are deemed unacceptable will be rejected without a formal review. We also expect to report such unacceptable submissions to the superiors of each of the authors.
- Submission of papers to COMSNETS 2018 also carries with it the implied agreement that one or more of the listed authors will register for and attend the conference and present the paper. Papers not presented at the conference will not be included in the final program or in the digital proceedings. Therefore, authors are strongly encouraged to plan accordingly before deciding to submit a paper.
For questions, contact :